These are our new go-to favorite green beans! The flavor is sooooo good, and it just takes a tiny bit more effort than steaming green beans, which is what we usually do for a go-to side dish on weeknights. They are absolutely perfect paired with Sticky Teriyaki Chicken Baked Thighs.
All you need are frozen green beans, fresh garlic, soy sauce, and sugar! Fresh green beans will work great, too. But, it’s just so easy to keep frozen green beans on hand so you can pull this easy side dish out any time. 🙂
I hope you give these a try! They are DELICIOUS! The pan is always licked clean. My kids LOVE these beans, and it makes me so happy to see them gobble them up. You might even have everything to make them tonight! Yay!
More Side Dishes You’ll Love
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
- Sautéed Zucchini and Yellow Squash with Garlic and Parmesan
- Lemon Rice
- Easy Greek Salad
- Oven-Baked French Fries
Step-by-step photos of how to make the best asian style green beans
Tips for making The Best Asian Style Green Beans
- If using fresh green beans, cut the ends off the beans before cooking them.
- Make sure to whisk the olive oil, soy sauce, sugar, and crushed garlic together before adding to the green beans. This will help all the flavors cover the green beans evenly.
- For best flavor, use fresh garlic cloves, but you can use minced garlic from a jar if that’s all you have.
- 2 lbs frozen or fresh whole green beans (If using fresh, cut off ends)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp +1 tsp granulated sugar
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- Place the fresh or frozen green beans in a large frying pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, sugar, and crushed garlic.
- Pour mixture over the green beans, turn heat to medium high, and sauté until beans are tender and the doneness you prefer. That's it. You’re done.
- Serve and enjoy!