A quick and amazing way to turn zucchini into a savory snack or side dish. My friend, Toni, made this for me and shared the recipe many moons ago when we lived in New Jersey. Growing up, her family owned an Italian restaurant and everything she made was delicious. She’s the one who gave me this Creamy Pea and Parmesan Risotto Recipe, too. You are going to love Toni’s Zucchini Pizza, and while you are at it, put the risotto on your menu plan, too.
I love everything about this Zucchini Pizza, but I really love that everything gets mixed together all at once in one bowl. Not even a little bit of fuss is involved with this recipe. I love how the cheese and eggs give it a unique texture. This is the real deal. When you take a bite and close your eyes, you might forget you’re not actually in Italy. I can’t wait for you to try this simple and unique zucchini recipe!
Family Pizza Night!
- Easy Homemade Pizza Pockets
- Homemade Pizzeria-Style Pizza Dough
- Easy Pizzeria Style Pizza Sauce
- The Best Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks
- Easy Pizza Casserole
- The Best Cheese Breadsticks
Step-by-Step Photos for How to Make Toni’s Zucchini Pizza
Tips for How to Make Toni’s Zucchini Pizza
- You do not want a huge zucchini with lots of seeds. If yours is really big and full of seeds, scrape the seeds out.
- Cut the zucchini into the same-sized slices so they will all cook evenly. I quarter the zucchini and then slice it thin.
- You do not need to squeeze the liquid out of the zucchini.
- If you want to make it gluten-free, use gluten-free Bisquick instead of the regular mix.
- You can also use mozzarella, Colby Jack, Pepper Jack, or a variety of your favorite cheeses.
- For a spicy version, add crushed red peppers.
- Let the zucchini pizza cool before cutting it into squares.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 1 large zucchini, cut into small pieces (I quarter mine, and then slice it thin.)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1½ cups Bisquick Mix
- 8 ounces of grated sharp cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp, crushed garlic (one clove)
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a 2-quart mixing bowl, add eggs first and beat together.
- Next, put all the other ingredients in and mix well until completely combined.
- Pour into the prepared 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.
Don't Forget Dessert!