I’m all about a good Chex Mix recipe. That crunch is just so good, and I feel like you can do almost anything with Chex cereal and get a good result! This addicting White Chocolate Christmas Chex Mix Recipe is from my sister Merry. All you need are Pretzels, Chex cereal, M&Ms, peanuts and white chocolate. It’s so delicious and legitimately could not be more simple to make!
This easy White Chocolate Christmas Chex Mix Recipe can be made at any time of the year, but it is extra fun to make around Christmas with red and green M&Ms. This works perfect as a homemade treat for friends and neighbors. You can put it in a cute holiday treat bag, throw a gift tag on it and you’re good to go!
Chex recipes you will love!
- Classic Chewy Chex Mix
- Butterscotch and Milk Chocolate Puppy Chow
- Microwave Chex Party Mix
- Best Ever Chewy Chex Mix
- Butter Scotch Crunch Fudge
- No-bake Peanut Butter Corn Flake Treats (This recipe calls for Corn Flakes but works just as well with Chex cereal)
Step by Step Pictures for How to this Make White Chocolate Christmas Chex Mix Recipe
Frequently asked questions about making this White Chocolate Christmas Chex Mix Recipe:
Can I use white almond bark instead of white chocolate chips?
Yes, you will need 12 ounces of White Almond Bark, and you won’t need to add the tsp of canola oil during the melting process.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes, in fact, if you are planning to package it up for friends and neighbors or if you are serving it at a big party, I absolutely recommend doubling it!
Is it better to use pretzel sticks or regular pretzels in this recipe?
You can use either. I like to use pretzel sticks, but either type will work great.
Can I use any kind of M&M or are regualr best?
I have used regular, peanut and peanut butter. I also had a few sugar cookie ones left in a bag this year that I threw in the batch that is pictured. The mix has always tasted great regardless of what type of M&Ms I use.
The recipe calls for salted peanuts, will it be a problem if I us unsalted peanuts?
If you only have unsalted peanuts, I suggest adding some salt when you mix everything up. You will need to add about 1/4 tsp. Just carefully shake it on. The salt is an important part of what makes this treat so yummy! Only add extra if you aren’t adding salted peanuts.
What is the best way to store White Chocolate Christmas Chex Mix?
Once the mix has completely cooled you can store it in any airtight container, or if you are giving it as a gift,
put it in a giftbag that can be tied tightly shut. It will stay fresh for 5-7 days as long as it is an airtight container.
- 5 cups Chex Cereal, I prefer Rice Chex
- 5 oz pretzel sticks, regular pretzels work fine too
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 (12 oz) bag of white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp canola oil
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the Chex cereal, pretzels, salted peanuts and M&Ms. Mix to combine.
- In a microwave safe bowl microwave the white chocolate chips with the teaspoon of canola oil until melted and smooth. Do this in slow increments starting with 30-40 seconds and stirring, be careful not to over heat or chocolate will seize.
- Once chocolate is melted and smooth pour it over the cereal/candy mixture and mix well until everything is covered with a thin layer of white chocolate.
- Pour the coated mixture out onto the lined cookie sheet. Spread and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled store in an airtight container or bag.
Most Popular Recipes