My mother-in-law introduced me to this recipe about ten years ago. I loved it and had never eaten zucchini that way before. It has been my go to zucchini side dish ever since. It’s one of those things you can throw together in minutes and then forget about while it bakes in the oven. The flavors are perfect together. Delicious!
- 7-9 cups zucchini, Sliced (approx 3 or 4 zucchini)
- 2-3 cups shredded cheese of your choice. ( I like mild cheddar or colby jack)
- salt and pepper
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish
- Place one third of the zucchini slices evenly in bottom of dish. uc
- Repeat with another layer of one third of the zucchini and ½ cup of cheese.
- Place remaining zucchini slices on top, cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes of until zucchini is tender.
- Remove foil and top with remaining cheese and return to oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Optional: Place the dish under the broiler for a minute or two to brown the cheese.
This is totally worth turning your oven on…even if it is the middle of the summer. I like to make it when we have meatloaf and baked potatoes since the oven is already on anyway.
I hope you are having a great summer!
Keep it Real!!!