My Aunt Gwen, who is one of the coolest people alive, would bring Italian Sodas as a special treat to our family reunion when I was a youngster. I have taken it upon myself to introduce this fabulous drink to as many people as possible and I make it often for guests. (You should seriously invite yourself over for dinner sometime! I’ll make you one!)
This summer my little family road tripped all the way out to Utah and back. Not a trip for the faint of heart with a feisty little 18 month old, but we all made it in one piece. (I was only missing a few strands of hair that I pulled out somewhere near Denver.) Anywho, on our way home, we stopped to see some of our best friends in Kansas. So, of course, I HAD to make them Italian Sodas. They were a hit!
Moral of the story: You must use all your power to search your local grocer and find some Torani Syrups. You will love these simple sodas and so will whoever is lucky enough to have you make them one. Just watch out, if you give a guest an Italian Soda, they are going to want…….another one!
- Ice, crushed or cubed works best
- Toranin Syrup, flavor(s) of choice
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Club Soda
- Fill a large (12 oz) clear glass or cup with Ice
- Add 2-3 tbsp syrup of your choice
- Add 1-2 tbsp cream
- Add 1 cup Club Soda
- Using a straw begin gently blowing bubbles in to cup until drink has completely mixed and syrup is no longer visible on the bottom of your glass
- Drink it up and make another
Keep it Real!