It has simple ingredients that you I always have on hand and it freezes really well so you can enjoy pulling out a fresh loaf out of the freezer for a snack or quick breakfast.
In the last few years my mom has taken to making this banana bread with half whole wheat flour. It works great! But, if you want the real classic flavor of traditional banana bread you will probably prefer it with all-purpose flour. Try it both ways and see what you think.
- 1¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup oil, I use canola or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅔ cup sour milk (add 1 tsp lemon juice or white vinegar to milk, or use butter milk)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 smashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine sugar, oil and eggs in mixing bowl and beat until mixed well
- Blend in baking soda and sour milk
- Add flour and salt mix gently and then stir in smashed bananas, mix until well combined
- Pour into greased loaf pans, makes two large or four small loaves
- Bake at 350 degrees 45 minutes to 1 hour for large loaves, 30-40 minutes for small loaves. Bread is done when toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool on cooling rack
Enjoy! This is one of those recipes I have made at least 100 times in my life. It’s a keeper!
Keep it Real!!!