I put together another Maria’s Christmas Gift Guide. Kitchen edition. This guide has the perfect gift ideas for the person in your life that loves to cook! Maybe that’s you! So many gadgets out there to make cooking easier and more fun, any of these will be a favorite for sure! Everything on this list can be found on Amazon. I have used affiliate links to the items.
1. 3-in-1 Breakfast Station: When we moved to Germany I needed a new toaster. I found one that had a built in area to fry or hard boil eggs. It has become one of my favorite things. I was so excited when I saw that they are starting to be more common in the States because I’m definitely getting one when I move back. This 3-in-1 Breakfast Station is the one I will get. It’s so cute and comes in a variety of colors.
2. Hard Boiled Egg Cooker: If you already have a toaster you love and don’t want to go all out with the combo. This little Elite Gourmet Rapid Egg Cooker is the best thing since sliced bread. It makes perfect hard boiled eggs, however you like them. They peel super easy and are just the best! If you know someone who loves hard boiled eggs or is trying to eat more protein. This is a great gift.
3. Electric Griddle: I’m sharing this because I really need a new griddle. I’m looking at 220v ones on Amazon.de, but I also looked on Amazon.com and if I was in the states I’d be deciding between these two. Both have great reviews. The BELLA Electric Ceramic Titanium Griddle is so pretty, but I’m pretty sure the BELLA Electric Griddle with Warming Tray is pretty much the same thing just without the ceramic titanium. So, so great for large families and making lots of pancakes and grilled cheese all at once.
4. Waffle Iron: It can be hard to find a good waffle iron. We’ve had a few over the years and this one was the best. We have a slightly different one here in Germany, but that one is waiting in storage for when we get back. If you know someone that needs a waffle iron this CuisinArt Waffle Iron is great!
5. Mini Waffle Iron: Have you seen all the different things you can do with a Mini Waffle Iron? Of course make a waffle, but you can also cook an egg, hash browns, cookies…pretty much anything. They are cute, compact and super fun. This is a great gift for a tween or a college student and honestly, I’m going to put one in my own stocking.
6. Chef’n Hand Slicer: My friend Shanna told me I need one of these Chef’n Hand-held Slicer’s. It slices strawberries and eggs perfectly and any other semi soft food you want to slice. It’s a really cool design and makes slicing a breeze. I read a bunch of the reviews and people RAVE about this thing.
7. Ceramic Knives: One of the things that can make cooking fun or not fun is how good your knife is. Good knives can be expensive but I have heard great things about these Color Ceramic Knives. Not expensive and come with blade covers. I think these are a perfect gift for a collage student or newly married couple. …Or anyone you know could use better knives.
9. Victorinox Knives: OKAY!!!!! Are you listening? ORDER THESE RIGHT NOW!!! I am not kidding when I say this is the best Multi-purpose Knife you’ll ever have! I give one to everyone I know, and I mean everyone. I keep at least five in my closet at all times to be able to give to anyone who doesn’t have one. I have lots of knives. I even have GREAT and EXPENSIVE knives, but I find myself grabbing this one 90% of the time. It can do almost everything with it and is so comfortable to use. YOU WILL LOVE IT!
8. Small Cutting Board: To go with your new favorite knife from above, you need a Small Cutting Board (another one of the most used things in my kitchen). It’s so nice to have a small one to pull out when you want slice some fruit or chop up an onion. I love the ease of it. Pairing a small cutting board with one of the Victorinox Knives is a super fantastic gift to give that will be well loved and your name will be praised in the owners kitchen forevermore.
10. Zester: A zester is one of those things that you don’t need often but when you do, you really do. I made my Key Lime Pie at my moms house one Thanksgiving and she didn’t have a zester to make the crystalized-sugared lime zest that you sprinkle on each slice of pie. It was so sad and almost impossible to get the zest off of the limes. This Kitchen IQ Better Zester is a great design and has fantastic reviews.
11. Pretty Measuring Cups/Spoons: Any cook always loves a new pretty AND functional set of Measuring spoons and cups. Lots of colors to choose from, I Love the Copper with the mint, so pretty! I also love that it has the 3/4 cup size.
12. Electric Frother: This is one of the things I’m most excited about adding to my kitchen gadgets this year. I’ve heard this Barista Quality Electric Frother is the very best and is extra good at frothing.
13. Meat Chopper: This Meat Chopper is one of the most used utensils in my kitchen, I grab it anytime I am browning ground meat, which is at least 3-4 times a week. It can also smash avocado really well and even potatoes if you are in a bind. Such a great and useful tool. Tie one to a treat for teachers and neighbors or throw one in your college kids stocking. Everyone needs one of these.
14. Citrus Juicer: Arguably one of the best inventions ever. Hand held Squeeze Juicers make juicing citrus soooo much easier and you can get more juice out than with traditional juicers. It may not be something you use everyday, but when you need to juice a lemon, lime or orange, you will be so glad you have one. Order one for anyone you know loves to cook. It’s a great kitchen tool.
15. Ziplock Organizer: I literally get in a fight with my drawer that has ziplock boxes everyday. It drives me crazy. My friend told me about this Drawer Ziplock Organizer and I am so excited to finally get control over that horrible drawer. There are different options, some that have places for plastic wrap and/or foil. I have limited drawer space so I am going to have to order one that has that combination. Check it out see if there is one that would make your drawer less of a mess too.
16. and 17. Ninja Blenders: Having a “Magic Bullet” is pretty much a must if you are a smoothie or protein shake person. This Ninja Personal Blender is a great one and doesn’t take up much counter space, but if you really want to get a product that can do it all, I recommend this Ninja Professional Plus Kitchen System. I love mine, I can make snow cones with it and I love being able to grind up veggies to hide in things with the food processor attachment. I had to leave mine in the States and really miss it. I’ve had to get three other products here just to do what it could do. I will say the blender part isn’t quite as powerful as a Blendtec or Vitamix but it’s close enough for everything I use it for.
18. Instant Pot: Instant Pots are still going strong as a popular gift. They have different sizes so you can get the one that fits your family best. I prefer the 6 quart Instant Pot It’s just right for my family of 7. An 8 quart is great too and you can double most recipes in an 8 quart. If you get one, christen it by making this delicious Instant Pot Mac and Cheese. It is SOOOOO GOOD!!!
19. Ice Machine: I know that pellet ice is super popular and I love it too. However, Pellet Ice Machines are super expensive and they don’t even make them over here in Germany, so that’s a double whammy for me. Germany doesn’t really do ice and the freezer space in most houses is too limited to do trays. It makes getting a Counter top Ice Machine a must when living here. If you know an ice lover an Ice Machine is a great gift. This style is cheaper than the pellet ice machines and super handy. The ice from counter top ice machines generally has that softer bite like pellet ice because of the nature of how it’s frozen. Even though mine isn’t pellet, it’s still great for chewing.
20. Rice Cooker: YumAsia Rice Cooker We are rice lovers and having a good rice cooker is really important to us. Rice cookers are not all created equal. We had to leave our very favorite one in the States and the one we bought here in Germany just isn’t cutting it. I’m ordering one very similar to this one for Sim this year (He is the biggest rice snob after living in Korea for 2 years.) The one I’m ordering is off of Amazon.de because we need the 220v plug, but this one has fantastic reviews and is the closest I could find to what I’m ordering on Amazon.de.
21. Enamel Covered Cast Iron Dutch Oven: I’ve had this exact Enamel Covered Cast Iron Dutch Oven for almost 4 years and it’s holding up great! You might recognize it from pictures on the blog. I have the 7 quart size. There are lots of great colors to choose from, it’s fun to get one that matches the color scheme of your kitchen.
I hope this gift guide helps you find the perfect gift for your favorite cook or for yourself! Merry Christmas!
More Gift Guides from Real Life Dinner:
- Awesome Gift Ideas for the Home Cook
- Maria’s Christmas Gift Guide: Kids
- And don’t forget to check out my super fun list of Christmas Movies and Snack Ideas for family movie nights!