Andes Mint Chocolate Bundt Cake
When I have company over during strawberry season, my go to cake is this, Company Chocolate Cake recipe I posted a few years ago on The Mother Huddle.
The cake is so tender and moist and wonderful anytime of year, but tastes especially delicious with strawberries and fresh whipped cream. I recently tried another variation on the cake and I am happy to report it is so good!
Instead of adding chocolate chips like my regular recipe calls for, I substituted Andes Mint chips and then drizzled melted Andes Mint chips and a little white chocolate on top. I served it with ice cream and chocolate sauce. Mmmmm, it was great.
My husband isn’t a huge chocolate cake fan, but he has somehow managed to eat half the cake himself……
- 1 devils food cake mix
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup oil, I use canola
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 generous cup of Andes Mint chips or chopped Andes Mints
- More mints for drizzling on top
- 1 square white chocolate almond bark (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs until frothy.
- Add oil and water and mix until well blended.
- Add cake mix, sour cream and vanilla, beat until well blended
- Add pudding mix and mix until well combined.
- Fold in Andes Mint chips. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter into a well greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes.
- Test center with toothpick, it will come out clean when the cake is done.
- I cool my bundts in the freezer, the cake will come out much easier if it is completely cool, but I like to serve it a little warm so I take it out when the cake is still slightly warm
- Run a butter knife around all of the edges and then invert onto a large plate or cake stand
- In a double broiler or in the microwave, melt the remaining cup or so of mint chips and drizzle over cake
- Do the same with the square of white almond bark if you chose to add it,
- Serve warm with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
Keep it Real!