A bowl full of flavor-packed honey lime chicken served over Cilantro Lime Rice and topped with cucumber, tomato, avocado, red onion, and a dollop of chipotle lime sour cream. Honey Lime Chicken Bowls with Rotisserie Chicken is a dinner the whole family will love and can customize to their personal tastes. Rotisserie chicken works great in this recipe and speeds up getting dinner into the hungry bellies. I’ve been making this on repeat because I just can’t get enough. If you love “bowls,” try this Greek Bowl recipe.
The layers of flavor in this simple weeknight dinner are awesome! It tastes like summer and Tex-Mex had a baby. The flavored rice on the bottom really takes things up a notch. In a bind, I have even just made rice where I add a little salt and a bundle of cilantro stems (held together with a twist tie and then pulled out when the rice is done), and it has also been amazing. I learned that little trick from my friend, Kristen, whose Columbian mother-in-law taught her to make rice that way.
For the Chipotle Lime Sour Cream, I just mixed some cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and lime juice into some sour cream. It’s the perfect way to top them off. I’m so excited for you to make this recipe, it is delicious!
More Chicken Dinners You’ll Love
- Chicken Fried Rice
- Baked Lemon Herb Chicken Breasts
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets
- Baked Orange Chicken
- Better than Take-out Broccoli Chicken Stir Fry
- Baked Parmesan Chicken
STEP-BY-STEP PICTURES ON HOW TO MAKE HONEY LIME CHICKEN BOWLS WITH ROTISSERIE CHICKEN
Tips for making Honey Lime Chicken Bowls with Rotisserie Chicken
- Another way to make this quick meal is to buy a bag of Tyson frozen grilled chicken pieces. I have used that, too, and it works great.
- Make sure you have started the rice before anything else because it takes the most time to make.
- When adding the honey, I usually drizzle honey all over the top of the chicken in a back and forth pattern instead of measuring it out.
- Using a Fiesta Ranch Dip Packet or the homemade version is another great option for the sauce.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, remove the chicken and chop into small pieces
- 1 batch of Copycat Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 limes
- 3-4 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅛-1/4 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- juice of half a lime
- Cucumber, diced
- Grape tomatoes, halved or chopped
- Red onion, diced
- Avocado, diced or sliced
- First, start making the cilantro lime rice before preparing anything else. It takes the most time to make.
- Add the chopped rotisserie chicken to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Next, add the juice of one lime, 3-4 tablespoons honey, garlic salt, and pepper. Saute until honey begins to caramelize and brown a little bit onto the chicken. Taste chicken and add more lime juice or honey if desired.
- Mix up the Chipotle Sour Cream Sauce by whisking together the sour cream, salt, cumin, smoked paprika, and juice of half a lime. Taste and add more lime juice or seasonings if desired.
- Prepare bowls by adding the rice to the bottom of your bowl, then the chicken, and top with diced toppings of your choice and a dollop of Chipotle Sour Cream.
Delicious Rice Recipes
Leave a Comment