The beautiful and delicious Layered Salad I shared on The Mother Huddle this week, would be the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving spread.
I love this salad. It is delicious and so pretty.
The dressing really makes the salad! The bacon doesn’t hurt anything either. 🙂
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced (approx ⅔ cup)
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup carrot, chopped or largely grated
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen peas (take out of freezer about 30 minutes before preparing salad)
- 2-3 hard boiled eggs, halved or sliced
- 1 large tomato, cut in wedges
- Bacon bits
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- In a large glass bowl or trifle dish layer salad in this order, lettuce, green onions, celery, water chestnuts, carrot, peas.
- Make dressing by combining mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese, sugar, red wine vinegar, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Spread dressing over pea layer and decorate top with tomatoes, eggs, and bacon.
- Refrigerate up until serving time.
Keep it Real!