I got this recipe for Easy Parmesan Breadsticks from a friend years ago. I make them all the time.
Right out of the oven they get brushed with butter and sprinkled with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese. YUM!
They’re perfect with pasta and soups and they are pretty so they are great to make when you have company.
This is a keeper and will quickly become your go-to breadstick recipe.
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3-4½ cups flour
- garlic salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
- Add salt and flour Mix and knead well until dough comes together. (You can do this in your mixer with the bread hook or you can do it by hand)
- Roll dough out into a large rectangle on a floured surface (about ¼ to ½ inch thick.If dough seems sticky use a generous amount of flour on the counter when rolling them out.)
- Using a pizza cutter cut dough into long strips. Fold dough in half and make into twists by either braiding the two strands, or by just twisting them like I am in the picture below. They are a little prettier if you braid them)
- Place them an inch apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Let them rise for an hour or until doubled in size. Cook for 7-10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Baste with butter immediately after getting them out of the oven and sprinkle with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese. Enjoy.
More great bread recipes
I usually just fold them in half and twist them like this, but if you want them to look extra fancy fold them in half and braid do one strand over the other like you are braiding and they come out looking like the picture below.
This is what they look like if you braid them. Pretty huh!
These are yummy! #febgiveaway