Witches Hats and Broom Sticks
My sister-in-law inspired me to do a few cute little Halloween treat crafts with my kids this year. I usually just do caramel apples and sugar cookies sometime during the season and call it good, but she was telling me about these cute little broomsticks that are so easy for kids to make….I was on board when she said Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
While I was at the store getting my broom stuff, I was trying to think of something that would be cute (and EASY) to make a witches hat out of. I love Grasshopper cookies so I picked some up along with a package of Hersey Kisses.
When I got home I made a little batch of green minty frosting and after putting them together and tasting one, I decided they were “Mommy treats.”
Compared with the prep of caramel apples and or sugar cookies, these were SOOOO easy, they practically made themselves, and the kids thought they were just as cool if not cooler then frosting sugar cookies! I have a couple neighborhood Halloween parties and I can tell you right now, these are what I will be taking! Did I mention they are SOOOO easy!
- 1 Pkg Keebler Grasshopper Cookies
- 1 Pkg Milk Chocolate Hersey Kisses
- 1 Pkg Miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 30-40 small pretzel sticks
- Frosting (for mine I used recipe below)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp softened butter
- 2 tsp half and half or cream
- 2-3 drops mint extract
- Green Food Coloring
- For brooms, unwrap Miniture Reese's Peanut butter cups and place them top down on a plate or flat surface. Insert one pretzel stick in the center of each peanut butter cup.
- For the Hats
- Make frosting (combine all ingredients and mix until smooth) Spoon frosting into the corner of a sandwich size Ziploc bag and snip of corner.
- Set grasshopper cookies on a flat surface, unwrap Hersey Kisses.
- Squeeze about a ½ tsp of frosting onto the bottom of the Hersey Kiss and center it in the middle of the cookie. Repeat until all hats are made.
- That's it. Easy Peasy