I love queso dip and I love spicy foods, so this Spicy Sausage Queso Dip is a winner in my book. I hope you like it too, it’s perfect for New Years Eve or football parties.
This recipe is a spin off of the ever popular, Velveeta, sausage and rotel dip. Just spicier and I use a mixture of cream cheese, milk and shredded cheddar cheese instead of Velveeta because, to be honest, Velveeta freaks me out a little bit.
You cook the cream cheese with a little butter until it gets nice and smooth, then you (in increments) add in the milk until it his nice and creamy. Then add in the sausage and Rotel, mix well and then add the shredded cheese and stir until it is nice and melted.
Dip chunks of crusty bread in it or your favorite corn chips, either way its a winner.
To keep it warm during serving, you can use a mini crock pot or if possible, just leave it in a pot on the very lowest setting of your burner and stir it occasionally.
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes
- ½ lb Spicy Italian Sausage, casing removed and cooked, I like it nice and brown aka a little burnt.
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- cheese and cilantro for garnish if desired
- Serve with corn chips or chunks of crusty bread.
- In a medium sized sauce pan melt butter and add brick of cream cheese. Cook on medium heat while you break the cream cheese apart and stir it until it smooths out. I prefer to use a wooden spoon for this part and then switch to a whisk once the cream cheese gets nice and soft. (see picture above)
- Once the cream cheese is soft. Add milk ¼ cup at a time whisking in between until mixture is smooth.
- Once all of the milk has been added and mixture is smooth turn heat to low add Rotel and cooked sausage. Mix to combine and add shredded cheese. Mix until cheese is melted, serve immediately or if you need to keep it warm put it in a small crock pot on warm or leave it on the stove on lowest possible setting, covered and stir occasionally.