Bacon Wrapped CheESE Fries
My brother in law is turning into quite the foodie. He has found some awesome recipes on Pinterest and every time I see him he has something delicious to tell me about.
We were visiting their family this weekend and sure enough, he had a recipe he had seen on Pinterest and was dying to try. He has to be selective with recipes because he is Celiac and can’t have gluten, and let me tell ya’ he’s got a good eye for gluten free recipes that are still bursting with flavor.
The one he told me about this weekend was no different.
Tator Tot Bombs…a tator tot wrapped in bacon and smothered in melted cheese. YUM!
Well, we didn’t have tator tots (it’s my sisters fault, long story) so he improvised and used frozen crinkle french fries.
He cut the slices of bacon in thirds and wrapped each piece around three or four french fries bundled together.
They turned out AWESOME and make a fantastic appetizer or game food. We (the ladies) at them while playing Skip bo and they (the guys) ate them while watching a football game. We were all happy!
They were great plain but dipping them in barbecue sauce was pretty fantastic as well.
Quick, find and excuse to make these. You’ll be glad you did.
- 8 sliced of bacon, fut into thirds
- 75-100 crinkle style frozen french fries
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Barbecue Sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil and spray lightly with cooking spray
- Take three or four french fries at once, bundle together, sit them at one end of a piece of bacon and roll up.
- Place on cookie sheet seam side down and repeat with remaining fries and bacon pieces
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bacon looks crispy and fries are tender, sprinkle with cheese and return to oven for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Serve with barbecue sauce for dipping if desired