Peanut butter heaven in every bite! The topping on these No-Bake Double Peanut Butter bars tastes like the center of a Reese’s Pieces candy. Drool… It’s the perfect accompaniment to the mixture of graham cracker crumbs, oatmeal, powdered sugar, and peanut butter bottom layer. You heard me right. Instead of making the bottom like the traditional Peanut Butter Cup Bars, I decided to add some oatmeal in with the graham cracker crumbs making them a little “healthy.” It also adds a nice texture that I think you’re going to love.
I don’t know about you, but during the summer, I’m always looking for yummy no-bake treats that the kids can make on their own. This one totally fits that bill. The one thing they might need help with is using a powerful blender or food processor to pulse the oatmeal into tiny bits. As an option, you can leave the quick oats as is, but mincing them up makes the peanut butter bars more smooth.
My husband is a huge Reese’s Pieces fan and especially likes the egg ones they sell at Easter time. When I tasted the topping for these bars, I knew he was going to love it. It seriously tastes just like the center of a Reese’s Pieces candy. Now I know how they make those. 🙂
Whether it’s for a fun and easy treat the kids can make on their own, or you just need a peanut butter fix, this recipe is going to be one of your favorite go-to’s. I can’t wait for you to try it!
Recipes for the Peanut Butter Lovers
- No-Bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
- No-bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Caramel Stuffed Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
- Loaded Peanut Butter Reese’s Bars
STEP-BY-STEP photos on how to make No-bake Double Peanut Butter bars
Frequently Asked Questions & Tips about how to make No-bake Peanut Butter Bars
how many graham crackers equal 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs?
Use approximately 6 graham crackers to make 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs.
Can I add the quick oatmeal without pulsing it in a blender or food processor?
Yes, you can. I like to pulse them in the food processor into tiny bits because it makes the bars really smooth.
do you recommend using crunchy peanut butter?
Using creamy peanut butter makes for a very smooth bottom layer. If you like crunchy textures better, use crunchy peanut butter.
can i double this recipe?
Yes, you can double it. If you choose to double it, use a 9×13 pan.
- Line the 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper to easily take them out of the pan and cut them into bars.
- Make sure to sift the powdered sugar so you won’t have any lumps of sugar in the bars.
- If you are crushing the graham crackers to make the crumbs, place the graham crackers in a large Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. Another alternative is to use a blender or food processor to make crumbs out of the graham crackers.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (approx. 6 graham crackers)
- 1¼ cup quick oatmeal (pulse in a blender or food processor until they're the size of the graham cracker crumbs)
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. If you don't have parchment paper, you can spray it with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, quick oatmeal crumbs, powdered sugar, creamy peanut butter, and melted butter.
- Mix well with a fork or spoon until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to the parchment-lined 8x8 pan and press down evenly with the back of a spoon or your hand.
- Next, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the cup of white chocolate chips and 2 tbsp of peanut butter. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Take out and stir. Heat again for 30 seconds and stir. Continue heating in 20-second increments and stirring until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted mixture onto the top of the bars and spread evenly over the top.
- Put directly in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until the top has set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!