We are potato people at our house. These Roasted Honey Chili Potatoes are such a fun and yummy way to serve potatoes. They’re super tasty and make a great quick and easy side for pork chops or chicken. If you cut them in the shape of fries they turn into a fun baked fry for burgers or chicken nuggets. If you love potatoes like us, you’ve got to give them a try. While you’re at it, put these Best Skillet Potatoes with Bacon and Cheese on your menu soon too. Potatoes for life!
This recipe is from my friend Heidi. She gave it to me almost 12 years ago. I was recently cleaning out my recipe binder and found a little 3×5 card wedged way in the back of the inside flap. I had totally forgotten about these yummy little potatoes! I found some other long lost treasures during that little clean out that I can’t wait to share too! One of the reasons I love getting recipes from my friends is it always makes me feel close to them, no matter how far away we live now, when I make the recipe.
Recipes from Friends:
- Amazing Manicotti Recipe
- Salsa Chicken Enchiladas
- Chocolate Dipped Coconut Cream Easter Eggs
- Calvin’s Corned Beef
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- Erin’s Yummy Chicken
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Sparkling Cucumber Limeade
- Engagement Ring Chocolate Chip Cookies
How to Make Roasted Honey Chili Potatoes
Frequently Asked Questions About Making Roasted Honey Chili Potatoes
What type of potato is bested to use for these roasted potatoes?
Any type of potato will work well in this recipe. I can’t get russet potatoes here in Germany so I used Yukon Gold. Red potatoes and Russets would be my other top choices, but you really can’t go wrong with any potato.
Is there something I can add if I want them to have a spicy kick?
Yes, if you would like a little more kick then just what the chili powder offers, you can add a few drops of Tabasco sauce, or you can add 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, or a little cayenne pepper would add some kick.
How many potatoes should I cut up?
It really depends on the size of your potatoes. When a recipe calls for a certain amount of pounds, I usually look at the weight on the bag of potatoes and then try to do my best guess of what would be the amount of potatoes to weigh that much. Does that make sense? So if I had a five pound bag of potatoes, for this recipe I would use a little over half of it. If I had a ten pound bag I would use a little less then a third of it.
If I cut them the shape of fries does it change the cooking time?
No, the cooking time will be the same. Unless you cut them pretty thin, then the cooking time will only be about 20 minutes.
What Temperature should I roast potatoes on?
Potatoes should typically be roasted at 450 degrees. These Roasted Honey Chili Potatoes should be roasted at 450 degrees.
- 2-3 lbs of potatoes, cut in 1 inch cubes (any type of potato is fine)
- ½ cup butter, melted (you can use ¼ cup butter and ¼ cup canola or olive oil if you prefer)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the melted butter, honey, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place the chopped potatoes on alarge cookie sheet style pan and pour the butter mixture over the potatoes, make sure to scrap out all of the butter spice mixture...sometimes the salt wants to settle at the bottom.
- Toss or stir the potatoes until they are evenly coated with the butter mixture.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking time.
- If desired you can broil the potatoes after cooking time for a minute or so to get a few more of the edges a little crispy.
- You can also sprinkle them with dried or fresh parsley before serving if desired.
More amazing potato dishes