Oh boy, this Sparkling Cucumber Limeade Party Drink has me all kinds of excited.
Last year I went to a special dinner the Boy Scouts did for a fundraiser in our area. It was super fun, they had it at one of their homes and had fancy tables and China set up and the Scouts were the waiters and servers. It was such a fun way for them to raise money.
I loved it. The food was really yummy too. One of the Dads who is also a leader is a phenomenal cook and worked up the menu. One of the special things they served was this Sparkling Cucumber Limeade. I was in love.
For over a year I have wondered what was in that delicious drink and imagined all kinds of complicated things. Last week I asked for the recipe and was shocked at how simple and basic the ingredients are.
Prepare for it to be served at any and every party, baby shower, holiday dinner or bridal shower I am ever in charge of from here on out. I love it. Did I mention I love this drink?
There is something about the subtle refreshing flavor of the cucumber that comes through paired with just a hint of lime that is absolutely delicious and invigorating. It just makes you happy to drink it. This basically proves the theory I’ve had for years that cucumbers are magic. They can take on so many flavors while simultaneously improving the dish…or drink in this case….Magic!
So two important steps to follow with this recipe. Use crushed ice (the pebble things they serve at Sonic and the hospital) I just go grab a bag at sonic for $1.79 and it is enough for at least 3-4 batches of this stuff. If you can’t find the small pebbles anywhere, just do your best to crush a bunch of ice cubes in a doubled up Ziploc bag or something. Have the kids take it outside and throw it against the ground a bunch of times. Second important step is to let it sit for a while (30-60 minutes) after you mix it, before serving it, so the cucumbers have time to work their magic. Yum!
Okay that’s it, all you need to know to wow your friends and family with a delicious drink. Go forth and make some limeade friends.
- 1 2L Sprite (Sprite Zero works really well too, my friend who gave me the recipe said she always uses Sprite Zero)
- 8-12 ounces of frozen concentrate Limeade (put in the 8 ounces first and see if you want it more Lime-y or not) Add more to taste.
- 1½ cups sliced cucumber (more or less is okay, doesn't have to be exact)
- 8-10 cups Pebble ice or crushed ice
- In a large pitcher or bowl combine, Limeade (start with 8 ounces) cucumbers and crushed ice, I like to use at least 8 cups.
- Pour 2 liter of sprite over the limeade, cucumbers and ice. Stir and taste to see how lime-y it is. Add more limeade if desired
- Put in fridge and let sit for 30-60 minutes before serving to allow the cucumber flavor to mingle with the other flavors.
- Add more ice if necessary before serving. Enjoy!