Sauteed Zucchini and Yellow Squash with Garlic and Parmesan
Zucchini and Yellow Squash out of the garden are the best! I got to eat some from my dads garden this summer while we were on vacation and it made me so happy.
Even if you don’t have a garden to pick your zucchini and yellow squash out of, you will love this dish.
When I was living in California as a Missionary for my church, I had the opportunity to eat dinner in a lot of different homes. One home that I ate at left a lasting impression.
They served sauteed summer vegetables that had been cooked with garlic and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. It was DELICIOUS!
I had never had anything like it. Now it is one of my favorite ways to cook up Zucchini and Yellow Squash. The best part is that it doesn’t really require any extra work. I could eat the whole pan myself. YUM!
- 2 medium zucchini, washed and thinly sliced (you want a total of 6-7 cups of squash between the zucchini and yellow squash)
- 2 medium yellow squash, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, fresh or packaged (kraft) is fine
- ¼ of a lemon Juiced (approx 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat butter and oil in a large saute pan.
- Add zucchini, squash and garlic.
- Generously salt and pepper everything.
- Saute, stirring regularly, until veggies are tender.
- When veggies are tender, remove from heat and drizzle with fresh lemon juice and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Stir until well combined and serve while still warm and fresh
- Absolutely delicious!!!