All I want for Christmas is a big plate of these DELICIOUS cookies!
My friend Elinor made these cookies for a church activity a couple weeks ago. They got devoured in minutes and even though I ate at least four myself, I was left wanting more and more and more! I begged for the recipe and was so excited to see that it is a simple recipe with only five basic ingredients that I always have on hand.
The powder sugar coated cookies have the perfect texture and the buttery/shortbread like flavor is very addicting!
These pretty and festive looking cookies are definitely going on my list of things to make for neighbors and friends this year!
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar, plus more for rolling cookies in
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt, scant
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- Mix butter, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Sift together flour and salt and mix into butter mixture
- Cover and chill for 1-2 hours
- Roll dough (it will be a little crumbly) into 1" balls
- Bake at 400 degrees until set...the very bottom with be a very light brown (approx. 8-10 minutes)
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire cooling rack.
- While cookies are still warm, roll in additional powered sugar
- Cool and then roll in powdered sugar again
Awesome Cookie Recipes
Yummy, Yum, Yum!