five minutes to whip up some homemade noodles, my kids are kissing my feet!
This meal is so simple (can be on the table in 30 minutes) and such a comforting meal on a cold winter night. The homemade noodles give it hearty-ness to help it pass as a meal. Don’t get me wrong this recipe turns out great with store bought egg noodles too. Do whatever makes you happy!
I have a separate post with how to instructions for the, Five Minute Homemade Egg Noodle Recipe with lots of step by step pictures. Seriously, give them a try! If you have never made homemade egg noodles before you will be shocked at how easy it is and how awesome it makes your Chicken Noodle Soup taste.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4-5 carrots, sliced
- 4 stalks of celery, sliced
- ¼ cup butter
- 7 cups Chicken stock or chicken broth
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 -2 cups diced chicken breast (can be pre-cooked or tossed in raw...see not in summary section)
- Noodles (2/3 a bag of store bought egg noodles or 1 batch of Five Minute Homemade Egg Noodles)
- Salt and Pepper
- Lemon Juice (optional)
- Parsley flakes (optional)
- In your favorite soup pot saute, onion, carrot, and celery in butter until fragrant. Salt and pepper while sauteing
- Add chicken broth or stock and chicken, Add a cup or two of water. Bring to a boil (I make the egg noodles while soup is coming to a boil)
- If chicken is put in raw allow to boil for 5 minutes before adding the noodles.
- Add noodles to boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes
- Add ½ tsp lemon juice and 1-2 tbsp parsley flakes if desired.
- Taste broth and adjust seasoning if desired. If soup needs more flavor add salt, pepper or chicken bullion. If soup is too strong add water.
- Sometimes I throw in a handful of peas or frozen broccoli at the end to add more veggies.
Keep it Real!!!