Spiced Buttermilk Syrup
I am a huge fan of buttermilk syrup! A more accurate name for buttermilk syrup would be caramel syrup. It is so rich and caramel-y and Delicious!
I made some pumpkin chocolate chip waffles for breakfast on Saturday, and I wanted a syrup that would enhance their flavor. I decided to try making a Spiced Buttermilk Syrup. It turned out AWESOME!
This syrup taste like caramel and fall mixed together. It was perfect for the pumpkin chocolate chip waffles!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tbsp karo syrup
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice*
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- in a sauce pan, combine, brown sugar, buttermilk, butter, karo syrup, pumpkin pie spice and salt
- bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes while you stir constantly
- after two minutes of rolling boil, remove from heat and add baking soda
- stir for one minute and serve over hot pumpkin or apple flavored waffles and pancakes
* Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
Leftover syrup can be kept in the fridge and reheated.
Keep it Real!